Skip to content

EF#14 : Cartoon Character

April 10, 2015

It’s Friday, and this is my first post for : BEC.

I, like any other childs, grow up idolising (is it even a word??)  several cartoon characters, whether it is Disney’s, Marvel’s, Pixar’s, etc. I do read and watch cartoon (or animation) until now, and luckily my husband is kinda into animation too. He’s a real Marvel’s-superheroes fan-boy by the way.  Here are my several favorite cartoon (or animation) characters :

Donald_Duck*image is taken from Wikipedia

1. Donald Duck
Who doesn’t know this grumpy duck in a sailor suit and it’s “particular” voice? This duck surely has a problem with anger management I guess and sometimes he become the victim of his nephew’s prank, but at the end of the day he usually is the-guy-who-save-the-day. I don’t know how can he be so lucky. It doesn’t happen in daily real life, right?. Also, he gets the prettiest duck on his neighbourhood. (How come? hehehe). Aside of his short-temper, Donald Duck is the most tenacity character among that cartoon. Once he set his goal, he will go 100% to accomplish it. He also is a real good friend. He take cares his best friend Goofy most of the time, his nephews, and he always helps his uncle eventhough he doesn’t like it. I can remember everytime Donald helps Grover, he’s always like : “grmbl grmbl grmbl” but he’s doing it anyway. So I find this character is honest, family-man, such a good friend, and FUN.

Mulan-mulan-32266732-400-600 *image is taken from here

2. Fa Mulan
Fa Mulan is inspired by Hua Mulan, a legendary woman warrior from China. Fa Mulan is the only Disney’s Princess who isn’t depicted as “regular princess”, you know with a huge-ball-gown, white skin, graceful attitude, and perfect teeth! (sigh). That’s the only reason why I adore this character very much. This character says that being princess is not only about how she looks, but also how she take cares her family, friends, and people. In this cartoon, Mulan shows courage, loyal, determined, independent, intelligence as a daughter, friend, soldier, and grown-up woman (I love when she got her cheek blushed around Shang Li ^^), but sometimes she can be so clumsy and very outspoken, that is very funny of her.

up-movie_00352809*image is taken from here

3. Mr. Carl Fredricksen & Russel
I remember my tears flooding my eyes while watching this movie, and it still does every time I re-watch it. No..not because that I’m sad but it is such a huge, eternal, pure love between Mr and Mrs.Fredricksen, also Russel. What’s not to love about this movie, even my husband love it too. To think about Mr.Fredricksen, I can picture my husband  will be pretty much like him when he’s old (that square face and glasses). And Russel, that cute kid remind me that as a mother I should not let my kid(s) feel lonely and always be there for her(or him or them). I fell in love with these characters from the first time I (we : me and my husband-who-was-still-a-boyfriend-back-then) saw this movie, and ever since.

Those are my favorite cartoon characters, and if I have to choose one, it will be the one and only Donald Duck. He’s my first love to a cartoon character.

K, hope that answers the challenge. Oh, and I really look forward to any corrections of any misspells or incorrect grammar or else. Thanks, and feel free to left comment.. ^^

16 Comments leave one →
  1. April 10, 2015 6:54 am

I like Mulan, too. That’s the one needed in real life. She shows her strong and soft sides, which makes her representation of women around the world. I respect that. Blame Disney for depicting her and other princess too ‘perfect’.

• cicianggitha permalink*
      April 10, 2015 10:09 am

ahahaha.. i like the “remake version” actually, like “maleficent” (for “sleeping beauty”), so i think i like to have both the perfect-princess and the tough-princess 😁

• April 10, 2015 11:32 am

Sadly, I never watch the remake like Maleficent or Cinderella. Because once I know the plot, there’s not much to see:/

• cicianggitha permalink*
        April 10, 2015 11:39 am

well, if i may suggest, maleficent will totally change your point of view.. 😊😊 but, it’s your preference anyway…

• April 13, 2015 1:06 pm

buci, uda pernah nonton Mulan yang live actionnya?lumayan keren hehehe..

• cicianggitha permalink*
        April 13, 2015 3:21 pm

dimanaa buCor? semacam Disney on Ice gitu kah? atau Operet?

• April 14, 2015 9:07 am

live action nya film gitu buli, judulnya Mulan the rise of a warrior. produksi tahun 2009. pemainnya orang chinese. Keren tapi si pemeran Mulan nya.

• cicianggitha permalink*
        April 15, 2015 12:39 am

wokee.. noted buCor, tararengkyuu mamaRea 😊

2. April 10, 2015 7:39 am

selamaaatt berhasil posting😀

• cicianggitha permalink*
      April 10, 2015 10:10 am

iya nih, tadinya mau ikutan yg minggu lalu juga, tapi temanya “sport”…………… beraaat maaaak, km tau sendiri aku jarang (hampir ngga pernah) olahraga belakangan ini :))))

• April 10, 2015 10:10 am

Km lho sering olahraga..gendong anak hahahaha

• cicianggitha permalink*
        April 10, 2015 10:13 am

ngeceeeeeeeee iki… :))))

3. nianastiti permalink
    April 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Your favourite characters indeed very inspiring Mba🙂

• cicianggitha permalink*
      April 11, 2015 2:19 pm

hihihihi maybe i was born old Mbak 😆 people around me are used to saying that i often overthink of everything… including “cartoon characters” 😆😆😆

4. April 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Ci, Mulan in live version is not a musical opera… it’s a Chinese movie portrayed by Vicki Zhao (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulan_(2009_film)

Favourite cartoon characters? Hehehe dunno, too many i guess, but yes, Donald Duck is one of them…

• cicianggitha permalink*
      April 13, 2015 10:03 pm

hooo.. i see, never heard before.. scale 1-10, how would you rate it Kang Aldi? i kinda trust your review on movies 😁
      booyeah! #teamDonaldDuck